Thursday, January 15, 2009

Attack of the Nutella!

It's so cold today! The weather is below freezing, I'm tired b/c an ill timed nap yesterday left me restless all night...and well, I needed to cheer myself up.

For some reason, I've never eaten Nutella before! Kind of crazy, right? Well, I've heard so many good things that I decided it was time to try the hazelnut spread. I meant to put it on some of the Italian bread I was munching on after dinner, but somehow ended up eating ALL of the bread before I remembered! So, then I thought about where else I can put some Nutella...and thought...haven't I seen it on the menu for creperies?! Dessert time!!


To make 4 crepes

Crepes
2 eggs, lightly beaten
2/3 c milk
1 tbsp melted butter
1/2 c flour
1 tbsp white sugar
1/4 tsp salt

Whisk ingredients together until smooth. Spoon about 3 tbsp crepe batter into hot pan over medium heat, tilting pan until bottom is evenly coated. Cook 1-2 min to a side, or until golden brown.

Then I spread the Nutella on it, folded it up, added some strawberries and strawberry ice cream. Delicious! Also, probably not a good 10 pm snack.



I also made a Nutella ganache and used it on some leftover macaron shells from Joe's special order.

Nutella Ganache
1/4 c heavy cream
1/2 c semi-sweet chocolate
2 tbsp Nutella

Bring cream to boil. Pour over chocolate (you don't want to overheat the chocolate by putting it into the saucepan while it's on the fire! It'll burn!!), add Nutella, and stir until blended.

I think I liked this ganache more than the Nutella by itself!

xoxo,
lemonie

No comments:

Post a Comment