Tuesday, January 27, 2009

FYI...

I started this blog so I'd have a record of recipes, and my thoughts around baking b/c I wanted motivation to keep trying so I wanted to be able to see my final products on a page somewhere. I also wanted to encourage my sister, who loves both baking and plating, to keep trying. It's my personal record and I shared the link with one or two friends who I thought might care. With their encouragement, I've started to share with others and now that people are viewing it, it's time to start doing a much more diligent job when it comes to crediting.

Just to be clear, if you click on the name of the item above the recipe, it'll direct to the original source if online. Much comes from the great minds at allrecipes.com. Some stuff isn't online, some come from my mom, some come from a box of recipes I've been receiving from classmates since preschool (ie: the apple dumpling was from preschool and I have no clue who gave it to me, but I suspect a teacher did). A few are mine...or partly mine because sometimes, someone will be with me and we'll throw random things into a bowl and then when it's delicious, we have to work backwards to figure out what exactly went right, but it never comes out the same...(ie: that ever elusive Bailey's vanilla icing from 2 years ago...). However, as I start my amateur baking classes next week, there should be more of those to come. If they let me, I'm going to try taking pictures of the process as well. More info on that to come.

Allrecipes.com should be everyone's best friend. It's a great place to start.

No comments:

Post a Comment