Monday, January 12, 2009

Gifting macarons and truffles!

So Joe gave me a special request for cake truffles...and then I decided to use him as a guinea pig for these macarons and the flavors.

The cookie recipe is courtesy of baking goddess, Tartlette. I've been trying at macarons since September...I can honestly say that many poor eggs suffered at these hands as I tried to recreate Tartlette's beautiful macarons. For some reason, it took me a really long time to grasp the consistency of meringue that was required. Sadly, mine never seem to be as tall as hers...and sometimes they're hollow! Plus, I have a tempermental oven with hot spots. =( I think the oven is older than I am so I'll have to forgive it.

Fillings:
chocolate ganache with Bailey's...the Baileys however was overpowering so I'll have to remember to cut back next time.
dulche de leche made from condensed milk
vanilla buttercream.




Plus cake truffles with red velvet & cream cheese frosting and german chocolate cake and peppermint frosting. No recipes this time, but I hope you enjoy the view!


What's inside?



Yumminess!

1 comment:

  1. OMG- you must stop!! Ur making my mouth water! It's all too delicious!! :D I am going to definitely try and use these recipes! All of them!

    ReplyDelete