Saturday, December 27, 2008

Snowballs!

Nearly ten years ago, my parents bought a minivan. It was the only car big enough to trek our 6 member family back and forth between home and anywhere. When I went away for high school and my brother to college, my parents used to stop by and have picnics. All the chairs would go down and we'd set up a small table in the back...and have a dinner inside the minivan! We'd even cook in there. Well, the minivan has finally kicked the bucket. So, with only one car...taking it to work takes priority, leaving me in the kitchen!

We didn't have a white Christmas here...all the snow we had melted! I went in to the kitchen and made it snow with snowball cookies.




I got my first Kitchen Aid for my birthday this year!










Snowballs

2 sticks butter
1/3 cup white sugar
1 tbsp water
1 tsp vanilla
2 1/4 cup flour

Cream together butter and sugar. Mix in water and vanilla before adding flour.

Mine looked powdery after I did that...








And then roll into balls. I had trouble rolling them because it was so powdery. I had to make the circle shape by hand.



I popped these into the oven, which had been preheated to 325 degrees. I also realized that I wasn't sure how long to put them in for...so I put them in for about 12 minutes.

When they came out, I let them cool off, before rolling them around in some powdered sugar.


When I make real snowballs, they're never quite this round. I usually pack them too hard and they end up misshapen.

But these are easy to roll into balls. And fun to eat. And messy like real snowballs.


My brother and sister-in-law came to visit for Christmas and they brought their dogs, Peenoo (which means soap) and Hercules.

Peenoo really wanted to eat some snowballs.



Hercules was too sleepy to care. =)


xoxo,
lemonie

No comments:

Post a Comment