Thursday, March 5, 2009

Thumbprint Cookies


I moved this week into a beautiful new place and I've had a lot of fun testing out the new kitchen. Today, Joe came over to help create my first meal here. He took charge of the chicken cordon bleu, and I made my beautiful white bread and some yummy thumbprint cookies.

I love thumbprint cookies b/c they taste sort of healthy due to the jam in the center. Since I just moved in, I don't have very much on hand...but I went out and bought a safe bet - strawberry jam. Today's recipe came from my favorite site for suggestions: allrecipes

Thumbprint Cookies

3/4 c butter
1/2 c sugar
2 egg yolks
1 3/4 c flour
1/2 c fruit preserves/jam, any flavor

1) Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2) In a medium bowl, cream together the butter, sugar, and egg yolks. Mix in flour a little at a time until a dough forms.
3) Rough doll into 1 inch balls. Place 2 inches apart onto ungreased cookie sheets. Make a dent in the center of each cookie (I use the back of a melon baller b/c my thumb always leaves uneven holes). Fill with 1/2 tsp of jam/preserves.
4) Bake for 8-10 minutes or until the the bottom of the cookies are golden brown.

Notes: I would use cold butter rather than softened b/c then the dough will shape better. It might lose shape in the oven b/c of the butter, so if you have some time and can pop your tray into the fridge before putting it in the oven, please do so.

I've made this recipe many times before. It's so soft and delicious!

No comments:

Post a Comment